As a Mortgage Expert, you are responsible for cultivating loan referrals through outside sales meetings with realtors and consumers. Examine, evaluate, and document customer applications for credit approval on real estate loans. Ensure the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Spends a minimum of 50% of working hours outside the office to conduct sales calls to create, develop and maintain referral relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and consumers.
- Analyzes potential marketing opportunities to develop future business opportunities.
- Communicates positively and professionally with operations staff throughout the process of the loan to ensure a smooth closing.
- Engages in managing the loan pipeline with all team members to meet company efficiency standards.
- Meets with borrowers to determine best loan program for individual needs after analyzing income, assets, credit, and property.
- Collects all required documentation from borrowers and converts to paperless documents.
- Prepares and submits loan submission sheets to set up.
- Reads and understands rate sheets, product codes, and loan level price adjustments in order to calculate rates and fees.
- Negotiates and confirms rates, fees, and locks terms with customers.
- Locks loans in the system with agreed upon terms and manages locked pipelines through the funding.
- Communicates regularly with borrowers to meet desired expectations.
- Maintains minimum productivity goals.
- Complies with organizational standards, polices, and procedures.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- 1+ years of experience working in a mortgage loan originations capacity.
- NMLS loan originator license required
- Continuing education classes required by licensing authority
- Continuing training class required by the company to meet CFPB requirements
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Access to a marketing machine- all leads are provided from our contact center who handle the outbound dials for you
- Niche loan products with competitive pricing
- In-house operations teams - origination, processing, underwriting, and funding. nothing will slow you down
- Company paid licensing renewals & continuing education
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
We are focused on being the best mortgage team in the United States and winning through talent. We are committed to diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send completed resume and include three references email@example.com.